Sunday, April 22, 2012

Surprise!


The word surprise comes to mind when Blogs ng Pinoy questioned my being a Pinoy.  The blog that I chose to share with friends and readers is General Knowledge.  It is a common denominator that such title would tackle any subjects under the sun.  However, I give more emphasis on management particularly on business and education.  For reasons, I completed my MBA and PhD in Educational Management.  Albeit I am a Pinoy,  majority of my discussions would be in English.  But I will try to inject some pinoy  blogs/articles  so as I will not be suspected as an alien of my own country.

I am a real Pinoy by heart for I was born in the whimsical beach atmosphere in La Union.  In short a native of Ilocandia.  But in reality , I am not for I was just raised up in such place.  My father hails from Panglao, Bohol and my mother, a bicolana from Polangui, Albay.  What a love affair, isn’t it?  The question, how they were able to communicate.  We should be thankful that we have our national language which is Pilipino, if not we will face difficulty in understanding one another. 

My parents (May their souls rest in peace) migrated in La Union for my father had several fishing boats.  Not only fishing but also salvaging of big ships ruined  during the war.  These income earning activities were not forever .  Natural disaster  like typhoon seemingly devastated the workflow of my father and his workers.  Thus transferring to a place, far from the sea  where he can have a real  peace of mind.
 
Four Brothers Vulcanizing Shop was born where all my four brothers learned to vulcanize at a very young age.  Lucky me, I tried my best  to improve myself by completing my high school education.  Though my school was a public school with minimal tuition fees, still I faced difficulty in paying them.  My mother (may her soul  rest in peace) was always there to assist and guide me.  I love you Nanay  with all my heart.  Really, I miss you so much.  Sorry for I was not able to give you the comfort of life when you were still alive together with Tatay.

Yes, my mother  was a hardworking mom.  Being a dressmaker, she rushes every dress she received so that we have something to eat.  At times doing the vulcanizing task when my younger brothers can’t be awaken during the early morning time.  She is really one of a kind.  Loving, kind and dedicated mother to all my siblings.  She passed away when I was in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, wishing and waiting that I will be at her side. I was there, and she was gone, my mother whom I cared and loved so much. 

For all my achievements in life, I dedicate them all to my parents for they gave me life and hopes to succeed. 
 
I hope such revelation would expunge the idea that I am not a stranger but rather  a Real Pinoy.

5 comments:

  1. Just realize na ang aking artikulo ay nasa banyaga pa rin. Pero heto ako nagbibigay kumentaryo sa wikang Pilipino para maalis ang duda na ako ay isang banyaga. Siguro dahil mahilig lang ako sa pagsusulat sa English. Pero hindi natin dapat gawin itong kahinaan bagkus maging isang lakas tungo sa pag-unlad.

    Highbeam124

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Sorry for I was not able to give you the comfort of life when you were still alive together with Tatay"... :-)...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did cry when i wrote this article. I really miss them...

      Delete
  3. Thank you for joining BNP! Your blog has been posted!
    For site news & updates, check facebook.com/blogsngpinoy

    (BTW, hindi po namin kini-question ang inyong pagka-Pinoy. SOP lang po namin na siguraduhing lahat nang mga magpapalista sa BNP ay Pinoy. Maraming salamat at More Power!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maraming salamat din po. It would be an honor to be a part of BNP. Mabuhay kayo!!!

      Delete